Novell Vibe™ 3.3 gives users the power to easily manage Office documents within Vibe workspaces and access and sync files offline.
Novell today announced the availability of Novell Vibe 3.3, its team collaboration platform. This latest version features seamless integration with Microsoft Office 2010 and 2007, making it easier for people to get their work done with their primary work tools and share it with others in the right team context. This release also features Novell Vibe Desktop, which gives users offline access and sync capabilities to files stored in Vibe.
The latest release of Novell Vibe also includes Vibe Desktop, which enables users to easily access and sync files offline. Users simply download Vibe Desktop and can then connect and sync any folders and files from their Novell Vibe system to their desktop. They can then access these files offline, with any changes automatically syncing between their desktop and Vibe once they are back online.
Novell Vibe 3.3 is independent but works with any standard email system. It includes tight integrations with Novell GroupWise 2012, giving users access and interaction across Vibe and GroupWise content from one place, bridging the gap between personal and team productivity to make people more efficient throughout their work day.
New in Novell Vibe 3.3
Novell Vibe 3.3 now gives users the power to easily manage Office documents within the Vibe dashboard and access and sync files offline.
- Microsoft Add-in – This new feature gives IT teams a choice in their directories, databases, development environments, user operating environments, email systems and more. Vibe users will get off-line file sync for Vibe workspaces and folders, and a new Microsoft Office Add-in.
- Novell Vibe Desktop – The latest release of Novell Vibe also includes Vibe Desktop, which enables users to easily access and sync files offline. Users simply download Vibe Desktop and can then connect and sync any folders and files from their Vibe system to their desktop. They can then access these files offline, with any changes automatically syncing back to the desktop once they are back online.
- GroupWise Integration – Novell Vibe and Skype integrations with GroupWise® 2012 bring the right functionality—even from different applications—into a single, coherent place. This improves interaction and makes it even easier for users to stay connected. New mobile apps for iPhone and Android devices fit the way we like to work today.
- Project Templates – Teams can execute projects more efficiently with a single location for team members to access project content and colleagues. This includes creating blogs, wikis and discussion forum postings, all of which can be done completely online.
- Workspaces – Custom workspaces let you pose questions and solicit answers from experts via threaded discussion folders. Workspaces help people coordinate their efforts and provide a context for work or information. They bring together the right information resources and people for a project or topic of interest, including team members, goals, timelines, tasks, documents, images, blogs, wiki articles and more.
For further details about Novell Vibe 3.3 contact our sales team on 01752 547150